- Southern Colorado Repertory Theatre Youth Internship & Mentoring Program
The Youth Internship and Mentoring Program is the natural outgrowth of eleven years of youth programming through SCRT which provides advanced training, job skills, and income for those students who have completed several years of Summer Theatre Camp and who have demonstrated a desire to use theatre-related skills in college and potentially throughout their lives. Through the program, area youth have opportunities to learn through cross-age and cross-generational mentoring, through experiences with professionals in theatre, and through hands-on production and arts management experiences.
The Internship and Mentoring program has six levels of learning and training opportunities:
- Level One: Participate in Summer Theatre Camp.
- Level Two: Mentor with a theatre professional during one of the SCRT youth programs.
- Level Three: Serve as a mentor to a younger child within one of the SCRT youth programs.
- Level Four: Work as an unpaid intern in one of the SCRT programs: youth, resident theatre, and professional theatre.
- Level Five: Work as a paid intern in one of the SCRT programs: youth, resident theatre or professional theatre.
- Level Six: Work as a paid apprentice for the Famous Performing Arts Center.